Morgue Fridge : Man Wakes After 21 Hours






What will you do if you wake up and find yourself in a morgue fridge? While this kind if situation ranks way up there to the "highly improbable" category, it actually happened to a man in South Africa. According to a report by the Associated Press, the man "rose form the dead" nearly a day after his family sent him to the morgue.
A 50-year-old South African man thought to be dead woke up in a chilly morgue and shouted to be let out
Twenty-one hours after the man's family reported the death and called in an undertaker for his apparent death due to an asthma attack, local health department spokesman Sizwe Kupelo said morgue workers heard someone shouting for help. The man awoke Sunday afternoon. The said man, whose identity was not revealed to the press. was said to be 'around 80 years old'.
In an interview with the AP, morgue owner Ayanda Maqolo said, "When he got there, the driver examined the body, checked his pulse, looked for a heartbeat, but there was nothing. I couldn't believe it!"
"I was also scared. But they are my employees and I had to show them I wasn't scared, so I called the police."Maqolo added. The man, who was reportedly pale when he was pulled out, asked, "How did I get here?"

No comments: